|Decorative illustration only (source Pixabay)|
This year the Food Festival Cookery Competition returns in a new format. Instead of asking you to bake a Victoria Sponge there are four different categories covering a range of skills.The contest will be judged by members of the WI and will take place at the Nursteed Centre on the morning of Saturday 14th May.
Tea and coffee will be served in the large hall whilst judging is taking place.
- Under 12's - One plate of 6 decorated cakes
- General - One jar of 2016 Marmalade
- General - One eight inch quiche
- Men only class - One plate of Fruit Flapjacks using this recipe
(remember, you must follow the recipe provided!)
|picture for illustrative purposes only (Flickr Free Use)|
- Entry forms can be downloaded - entry form - or paper copies obtained from the Nursteed Centre, Monday - Friday 8am to 12 noon. Please submit a separate form for each category (or person) you want to enter.
- The children's class is free to enter, all other classes cost 20p.
- Only one entry per person per category is allowed.
- Entries should be brought to the Nursteed Centre for 9.45am on Saturday 14th May 2016 (with form and entry fee) and collected after 12:30pm.
- A prize of a £10 book token will be awarded to the winner in each category and a certificate will be awarded to the 1st, 2nd and 3rd places in each category
Nursteed Community Centre,